1. Disaster Services.
2. Armed Forces Members and Families Services.
3. Emergency Utilities Assistance Services.
4. Emergency Preparedness Courses
5. CPR and First Aid certification
6. Telephone Assistance for elderly and disabled individuals.
7. Family Care Giving Classes - classes for care of disabled loved one or elderly. Series of 9. Each class 1 hour. Come at any time. Start at any time in series.
1. Direct service in immediate crisis - emergency food, clothing and essentials, and advocacy.
2. Community organization - coaching, strategizing, leadership, and organizational development.
3. Free Worker Justice Clinic on Thursdays from 5 PM to 7 PM. The clinic takes place at 347 South 400 East, Salt Lake City. Call for more information.
4. Thrift Store
1385 West Indiana Ave. (850 South)
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Phone - 359-8837
Hours - 10 a.m. - 6.30 p.m., Tue. - Fri.; 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sat.
(see separate listing).
M - F 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Salt Lake County
Not Yet Validated
Five County Association of Governments
1070 W 1600 S Saint George, UT 84770 (435) 673-3548
Five County Association of Governments Human Services Programs
The local Community Action Agency serving southwest Utah Works towards mitigating the causes and conditions of poverty in the region through a variety of means including employment, education, housing, transportation and emergency assistance.
Human Service Programs:
Area Agency on Aging
Washington County: Christine Holliday...435-634-5743
Iron County: Connie Lloyd...435-477-8385
Beaver County: Pam McMullin...435-438-5313
Garfield County: Donna Chynoweth...435-826-4317
Kane County: Fayann Christensen...435-644-4965
Child Care Resource and Referral...435-628-4843 (St. George), 435-586-8722 (Cedar City)
Community Action Partnership
Down Payment/Closing Costs Assistance Program 435-673-3548, Fax 435-673-3540 (St. George); 435-865-0195, Fax: 435-586-2633 (Cedar City)
Health Insurance Information Program... 1-800-541-7735
Home and Community Based Programs
Medicaid Aging Waiver
National Caregiver Support Program
New Choices Waiver
Home Investment partnership Program...435-865-0195
Home Rehabilitation Program...435-673-3548
We provide employment assistance, weatherization, food assistance, housing assistance, head start programs, and utility assistance. We also act as public policy advocates. Our goal is to promptly stabilize a family in crisis and avoid the long-term consequences of costly dependency. We support a family's progress to self-sufficiency.