Provides a wide range of family support initiatives including:
- Emergency Basic Needs: Groceries, diapers and baby formula, emergency prescriptions, rent and utility bills.
- Food Pantry
- Success Wear
- Case management services
- Individual and family counseling services
- Parents as Teachers: A home based parenting support program for families with young children from the prenatal stage to age five; parent workshops and family events. Works with families to identify medical homes and provide families with developmentally appropriate activities to do with their children.
- After School Enrichment for elementary and middle school students
- Summer day camp for inner-city children
- Quality child care initiatives, including the Family Home Child Care Network; ; coordinates Woonsocket Task Force on Child Abuse and Neglect; coordinates Woonsocket Safe Communities, promoting child passenger seat safety, bicycle safety and injury prevention.
Pro-life organization offering support to mothers in crisis or unplanned pregnancies. Services offered include Pregnancy tests, Ultrasounds, 24-hour hotline support, Facts on fetal development, Referrals for available social services and prenatal care, Spiritual help, Baby clothing and items and Post-abortion advisory.
Provides food pantries, general clothing, rent payment assistance, electric bill payment assistance, gas bill payment assistance, utility payment assistance, christmas baskets, thanksgiving baskets and prescription expense assistance.
Serves approximately 1,000 women and their families each year. This number includes about 150 ï¿½newborn packages.ï¿½ These package contain gowns, ï¿½sleep & plays,ï¿½ T-shirts, a heavy blanket, receiving blankets, bibs, washcloths, a sweater, hat, and bootie set, and diapers. Sometimes miscellaneous items such as shampoo, baby soap, lotion and wipes are included. Toddlers also are often given clothing, diapers, and toiletries.
Catholic Charities provides financial and material assistance, including rent, utilities, prescriptions, infant supplies, clothing, holiday gifts and toys, school supplies and other basic need. In addition, services include case management, budget counseling, and connections to primary care services, health education and parenting workshops. Catholic Charities also provides Home Care services to the Southern Worcester Country population.
Supplies blankets, winter coats, hats, mittens and other winter clothes to help those facing a long cold winter in need. This program is available from September until the end of Winter check with web site for all programs www.projectjustbecause.org
Families are welcomed with breakfast and conversation. Children participate in crafts and other events. All families leave with a bag of non-perishable items such as toiletries, paper products, etc.
- One Family Mission offered the fourth Saturday of the month from 8am to 11:30am.
Ensures the well-being of Seekonk's older population and residents of any age who are in need of social services due to economic hardship, health issues, family circumstances, or personal loss.Seeks to maintain and enhance the quality of life of elder citizens by providing opportunities for social interaction, physical activity, intellectual stimulation, community service, and health clinics.
- Help clients of all ages who need assistance with food, clothing, housing, health care, transportation, legal or tax services directly or by introducing them to a network of federal, state, and local support services. Offer effective, quality services that respond to community needs, promote continuous improvement of staff skills and performance, encourage an environment of trust and honesty, and provide services that are accessible, fair, and equitable
- Also provides Thanksgiving Baskets & Meals, Christmas Baskets & Meals, and Toys for Christmas (ages 13 and under)